Through our research and with visits to many public computing spaces, we came up with a list of ten elements of design which should be considered when designing a public computing space. These ten elements are shown below. Click on the design element of choice (either on the model or above links) to see examples and to get an understanding of how each of these elements can be used to create effective collaborative space.
- Design Principles Home
- Principles of Public Computing Spaces
- Design Principles: Space
- Design Principles: Technology Tools
- Design Principles: Maximizing Adoption
- Design Principles: A Case Example
- Participatory Design Tools